Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Daybook - May 11th

FOR TODAY - Wednesday May, 11th

Outside my window... Cold and rainy . . . again.  We had a couple of nice days, and now we are back to the cold and rain.  So much for global warming.

I am thinking... about an appointment I have coming up on Tuesday.

I am thankful for... homeschooling when I hear about the major budget woes going on in our school district.  The superintendent for our city just announced the proposal for cuts and it is steep  . . . and so sad:  on the chopping block is one entire grade school; art, orchestra and technology programs at the middle school; agriculture, horticulture, metals, and many world languages at the high school.  This is just the tip of the iceberg.

From the school room... we are nearly finished for the year.  Both kids have already finished grammar, reading and science; Boyson will be finished with his religion book this week, Lil Guhl will be finished with hers in about 2 weeks.  We still have a bit of history left.  We will be working on Math throughout the summer.

From the kitchen... today: leftovers.  Tomorrow: Pork Fried Rice

I am wearing... brown cargo pants, a pink t-shirt and a new lilac-colored Columbia fleece.

I am creating... nothing right now.

I am going... to have to get an order placed for a confirmation gift.

I am reading...  Remarkable Creatures  I don't really like it much. 

I am hearing... the clock ticking.  All is quiet. 
 

Around the house... cleaning, cleaning, cleaning for no particular reason - it's just that there is always something to do.

One of my favorite things...  this view of my dining room table from my kitchen.  The flowers were for Mother's Day, and I just love the contrast of the bright pink and the green in the table cloth.




A few plans for the rest of the week:  Meeting with the parish wedding coordinator to go over some details for my daughter's wedding, PE Class for Boyson, and a rabbit show for Lil Guhl.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

 Our new kitten, Linus.  He's about 8 weeks old.

Join in the fun here.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Linus looks so cute in his little house.