As of today, Lent is officially less than two weeks away!
Oh how time flies!
It seems like just last week we were in Advent.
Oh how time flies!
It seems like just last week we were in Advent.
Anyways, I have a book called Lent and Easter in the Domestic Church. I have had it for several years and have gleaned several ideas from it. I have wanted to make their Stations of the Cross grottos from popsicle sticks, but never cracked the book open in time to get them done by the start of Lent.
Well, alas, today I started working on making the ones in my book. My husband's brother saved all his popsicle sticks a summer or two ago and gave about 3 ziploc bags full to my kids to build stuff with. So that's what I used. I am headed to the craft store tomorrow for some spray paint; I think I will paint them brown and trim them with some purple glitter.
I will post pictures after we get painted and assembled.
I have seen these and while I think they are so beautiful, the price is steep for me, and that's an awful lot of little rocks to have glue. Our version certainly won't be as beautiful, but they will be made with love and a lot of licking from Uncle Bill!
Well, alas, today I started working on making the ones in my book. My husband's brother saved all his popsicle sticks a summer or two ago and gave about 3 ziploc bags full to my kids to build stuff with. So that's what I used. I am headed to the craft store tomorrow for some spray paint; I think I will paint them brown and trim them with some purple glitter.
I will post pictures after we get painted and assembled.
I have seen these and while I think they are so beautiful, the price is steep for me, and that's an awful lot of little rocks to have glue. Our version certainly won't be as beautiful, but they will be made with love and a lot of licking from Uncle Bill!
There are coloring pages in the book that go with the grottos, and I figure that if I have each of my kids color two stations per day, we will easily have them done by Lent.
This is the one that Lil Guhl did today.
My plan is to hang these on the back side of our kitchen cabinets that faces our family room.
I also ordered this for us to listen to and pray along with.
I am also hoping that Jessica won't mind me stealing this idea. What a great idea for keeping track of praying, fasting and almsgiving during Lent. So I am hoping to get that ready, too, and will post more pictures soon.
I also ordered this for us to listen to and pray along with.
I am also hoping that Jessica won't mind me stealing this idea. What a great idea for keeping track of praying, fasting and almsgiving during Lent. So I am hoping to get that ready, too, and will post more pictures soon.
7 comments:
Great idea! I'm always looking for new lent crafts to do with the kids. We'll hang them up around the house.
thanks for sharing your ideas!
This looks so cute!
So glad you posted this on Sarah's today. Because Lent is getting close!! Pinning it!
What a great idea! I'm pinning this. :)
I really liked this idea and what a great way to learn about the stations.
I am going to use this idea with my Sunday School Class.
Do you have step by step instructions on how you made these? They are beautiful!!
Post a Comment