Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Conversations in the Car

Lil Guhl had speech therapy today. When I picked her up, she had a St. Valentine's treat from her speech therapist.

Me: How was your class?

Lil Guhl: Good.

Me: Is Mrs. 'C' (speech therapist) nice?

Lil Guhl: Yes.

Me: Nicer than me? (okay, so I set her up!)

Lil Guhl: Well, of course not; you are my mom!

Me: Oh you are so sweet!

A little bit later as she was finishing her treat, she was reading the treat package.

Lil Guhl: What does 'Made from 64% Real Juices and Fruit' mean?

I told her what it meant, and said, "Hmmm, only 64% huh? That's not very good."

Lil Guhl: What's wrong with that?

Then I explained about 100% and how 100% is the best and you wouldn't want some things if they were only 50%, etc.

I ended by using the example of: "What if I said that I only loved you 64%?"

Lil Guhl: Well then I would like Mrs. 'C' better.

No comments: