Friday, February 10, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday


1.  I don't get Pinterest.  I am just lost and confused trying to navigate around.  And why would I want to look at all these pictures of perfectly decorated homes, and crafts that turn out perfectly, and clothes I can't afford.  It just makes me feel so "less than."  And how is it that I am following all these people I don't even know when I have only been on there twice?

2.  I feel like I want to sew something.  A seamstress I am not, but I have done some craft sewing here and there . . . I just feel like I need a little project . . .  an apron, or potholders, or couch pillows or something.

3.  The kids and I went on a bike ride yesterday - the first one in a looooong time.  It is really hard for me to muster up the desire to be that "fun-kind-of-mom."  But I did it yesterday.  Yay me!

4.  I have been decluttering my house.  I feel like I have so many things that I have had for such a long time, and everything is looking so cluttery, and old, and tired.  I am feeling so unattached to so many things.  I am also learning that there is a fine line between feeling "cozy and homey" and being "cluttery and run-down!"


5.  Homeschooling goes better when I pray.  It doesn't make the kids any different, but it helps me be different.


6.  I am feeling a little frustrated with an online writing class that Boyson is taking.  He just started on January 30th, and it is taking a long time to get that first assignment graded.  We turned it in last Saturday (2/4), and we are still waiting for a grade/feedback.   One of the assignments for this week is to re-write the first week's homework after it is graded;  I am really hoping that my son does not have to do "homework" over the weekend because of their delay.


7.  I don't have a #7.  6 Quick Takes was all I could muster.


For more QUICK TAKES - go here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angela, I want to shout a big "Amen!" to you about your comments about Pinterest. I have to be careful about which blogs I read too, or I find myself dissatisfied with what God has given us, unhappy with how my house looks, and wanting more. There are some really great, frugal ideas out there, so I guess it's about finding a balance? I won't let myself join pinterest though... :) - Stacy Woods

Angela said...

Thanks Stacy! I am glad I am not alone.

Lisa said...

#1 I just pinned your cute, cute chicken bag totes...and then looked around and pinned more of your ideas! Thank you! ;)

admin said...

I was going to comment on your #1...how I've been "scared" to try Pinterest b/c it's so intimidating to see such perfection, even if it is in small snippets, etc...but Stacy beat me to it!! :o) Becky --AMEN to both of you ;o)