Yesterday, we became the proud owners of four new chicks.
Meet Olive:
She is a black sexlink. She will look similar to this when she is grown:
Next, meet Butter:
I love her little tail!
She is a buff Orpington. She will look like this:
These next two are going to be my favorites - They are yet to be named. I have sought this color pattern for a couple of years, and I was finally able to contact a breeder who was able to get me a couple of them. They are called Columbian Wyandottes.
They will look like this:
It doesn't seem to matter how many batches of chicks we have. We all are very excited to play with them!

4 comments:
ooh, pretty! congratulations on your newest additions :) my 9 yr old still wants chickens, but hubby has reservations. Some friends just got chickens, and I'm sure they'll let my daughter come spend time with them.
I like the names butter and olive.
cute babies :o) --Becky
PS--are there any rules to doing a "daybook"? I would love to post one on my blog sometime (assuming I post ANYTHING! ...it has been a while...) :o) Becky
Post a Comment