Friday, October 12, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday (vol ?)

1.  It's raining here today for the first time in about 100 days.  I don't know the exact number, but it's been awhile for us here in Oregon.  I would have to say that I am glad to see the rain.  It has been so dusty here and I am tired of it.  I know I won't be saying 'I'm glad for rain' in a few weeks, but for now, it feels great to have some rain.

2.  I am about 3 weeks into the fall term - college that is.  I am taking Intermediate Excel and Microsoft Office.  The Excel class might be kicking my butt with all it's advanced formulas!  Yikes - right now I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and confused.  The Microsoft Office class is easy content-wise, but the volume of work is ALOT!  I easily have part-time job hours with a 6 credit load.

3.  By the way, I got an e-mail yesterday that said I made the college President's List with my first ever 4.0 GPA from summer term!  Now, if only I was in pre-med or law school it might feel a tad more exciting. Oh well, I'll take it.

4.  Pippa update:  She is doing great!  She is such a fun little dog.  She now knows: sit, down, come, leave-it (mostly), kennel (which means 'get in your crate'), stay, let's go (kind of like 'heel' except a lot more relaxed), shake, and we are now working on 'roll over.'  We have one obedience class left.  Speaking of rain & Pippa:  it will be much less fun taking her for potty breaks in the rain.  Oh well, I brought this on myself, right?

5. The kids and I are attending  The Great Adventure Bible Study with a fairly large group at our parish.  This has been an amazing bible study and I have learned a ton.  If you ever have a chance to participate in this, don't miss it!

6.  I am going with my brother and sister-in-law to pick up our 1/3 of a side of beef tomorrow.  It will feel great to have the freezer restocked with fresh meat!  And then maybe I will be able to plan something for dinner.  Or maybe not.  'Cause that's how I roll.

7.  Looking ahead on the calendar, I see that my husband's elk season is less than three weeks away!  Wow - fall really creeps up on you when  summer lasts into October.  And my daughter will be turning 22.  Wow.  What was I doing at age 22?  Getting out of the Navy, moving from Virginia back to Oregon as a single mom.  What were you doing at age 22?

For more Quick Takes, go here.  
There's a drawing this week, so get your Quick Takes posted!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hmmm....at 22 I was living in Bend getting ready to move to Florence. I had been married 2 years.

Good job on your classes. I'm sure you'll do great with Excell also