Thursday, January 10, 2013

Simple Woman's Daybook - New Year Edition

FOR TODAY - January 10, 2013

Outside my window... It is cold today - about 38 degrees - not too rainy.  We even got a few peeks of sunshine.

I am thinking... that I will really enjoy my winter term class - "Business Editing - English for Careers."  All the grammar, punctuation, spelling, and usage is right up my alley.

I am thankful... for our new Ford Explorer.

In the kitchen... we had Baked Potato Soup leftovers for dinner. 

I am wearing... my black work out pants, a turquoise t-shirt and my black Columbia sweater.  My comfortable, relaxing around the house clothes.

I am creating... nothing.


I am wondering... if my husband will like his birthday gift.

I am going... to make an appointment to have the kids portraits taken.  We seemed to have missed having this done last year, so they are overdue.

I am reading... Peaches for Father Francis by Joanne Harris.  I just started it.

I am hoping... that I can get back to blogging.  I was getting a weird message from Google about being out of storage space.  But my recent test post went through.  So I don't know what was going on, but I am hoping that I can move on.

I am looking forward to... reading the books on our book club book list.  Sounds like we have some good ones on there for the next few months.

Around the house... I re-arranged our photos and wall art in the living room last week.  It's amazing what a few simple changes can do.  It's like it breathed new life into that room.

One of my favorite things... my living room.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Just finishing up our school week. 

A peek into my day...

 For my husband when he gets home from work!

For more daybooks, go here.

4 comments:

DontSayHurry said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby, cake looks delicious!
I need to rearrange our photos too!

CJR @ TMB
http://cjrthemamiblog.blogspot.com

Lisa notes... said...

Baked Potato Soup--that sounds yummy. And your cake looks delicious. Happy birthday to your husband. January is a light birthday month at my house, so not many cakes. :-)

Thanks for sharing your Daybook. Visiting from Simple Woman.

jennifer anderson said...

per posting problems,,,i had to start posting using google chrome to get pics to upload.

Angela said...

Thanks for the tip, Jennifer! I will check it out.