On the recommendation of a mom in our homeschool support group, I decided to give Meet the Masters Art Curriculum a try this year. This curriculum was originally written for use in schools, but it has been adapted for use in homeschools as well. The lesson are scripted for the teacher to read and go along with a slide show presentation on their website. I am hoping that working through these lessons will be enough for a fine art credit for Boyson.
We are starting with Track A of Level 3 (which is for age 10 to adult) and did the first lesson today on Vincent Van Gogh.
![]() | ||
| The Starry Night, by Vincent Van Gogh; 1889; Oil on Canvas |
We learned about the life of Vincent Van Gogh and looked at and discussed several of his paintings. We even got to listen to a song that was written about Vincent Van Gogh.
And then we got to try our own hand at creating a Van Gogh painting using oil pastels. The lesson was easy to understand and all scripted for me to demonstrate and the kids to follow along.
Here are my kids' interpretations of The Starry Night.
Up next is Mary Cassatt.
I think we will plan to try to do one artist per week. I will let you know how it goes!

3 comments:
Looks great! I did not see your painting there ???
Thanks for the curriculum tip!! This looks fantastic; I think I'll try it for my little artists as well! :o) Becky
We are using Meet the Masters this year too and I love it!
Post a Comment