Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Daybook - August 10th

Outside my window... It's been nice and mild - in the low 70's.

I am thinking...
that reading The Well Trained Mind makes me feel extremely inadequate and incompetent as a homeschool mom.  I am thinking that I will return it to the library before it makes me feel worse.

I am thankful for...
the nice mild weather we have had.  It is so much easier to keep up with the yard when isn't so darn hot.


From the kitchen...
burgers tonight.  Something with chicken tomorrow.

I am wearing...
jeans, a lightweight, striped sweater, and socks.

I am creating...
these St. Nicholas ornaments as gifts for St. Nicholas Day (December 6th) Yes, I know December is a long way off, but I have to get an early start  . . . I can be a terrible procrastinator on stuff like this.  Plus, when you homeschool your kids and the only time you can work on stuff for them is after they go to bed, it takes a long time to finish a project.

I am reading...
Henry's Sisters

I am hoping...
that everything for the Little Flowers Girls' Club comes together this year.  It has been quite a bit more work this year since I am helping plan and coordinate the crafts (last year we had a mom who did most of it herself).  I am also hoping that our numbers stay low.  This year we only have 48 girls enrolled vs. 90+ in the past several years.  The smaller number is so much more manageable.

I am hearing...
nothing but the neighbor's dog yapping. I am home alone.


Around the house...
chores, chores, chores.

One of my favorite things...
a quiet house


A few plans for the rest of the week: not much - just Lego Robotics club for Boyson.  And a little bit of school (Math, English) - to get our feet wet and a jump start before our official first full day on August 23rd.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


Lil Guhl showing her chicken for the first time at the fair last weekend.
 
For more daybooks, head on over to Peggy's

No comments: