1.
I have been a lame blogger; not that I was ever a great blogger. Truthfully though, I have just not been in the mood to put out the effort it requires to do a blog post. I can't promise that the next few weeks will be better, but I will try . . . ho hum.
2.
I think part of the reason I have been a lame blogger is because of some school 'changes' I have been making. It is mid-year, and that's always a good time to take stock of what is working and what is not and to look toward the future. After much prayer and research, I have decided that Seton Home Study School is the curriculum of choice for me and the one that, for the most part, works for us. So I have been spending a lot time evaluating where we are headed with that. We have been "enrolled" with them in the past, but did not enroll for this school year, although we are using many of their books. As a result of my efforts to "go it alone" I have felt all "over the place." That's not a good match for my Type A personality. So despite my reservations with their book reports, we are now going to be working on getting ready for 7th grade with Seton for Boyson.
3.
Yesterday, I cleaned out the pen/pencil holder that sits near the desk and counted 29 Sharpies. What?? How did we get so many Sharpies? They are all either red, blue, green or black. I know my husband also has a stash of these out in the garage, so that count is actually more than 29. I don't remember ever buying Sharpies. They must be having babies.
4.
I am discovering that it is easier to try to lose weight when your husband is on the same mission. Who knows - maybe we'll have a little healthy competition in the form of "The Biggest Loser."
5.
We have given up on our Roohen. Long story short: one of our older hens never acclimated to our new flock last spring. When we separated her for being so mean, she started to crow on occasion, albeit a very weak crow. She also has never laid eggs, but she doesn't really look like a rooster. So we don't really know her gender - thus her designation as a Roohen. Anyways, we have tried to re-introduce her back into the flock a few times now, and she is just not nice. So I don't know her fate just yet, but I think she is not long for living here. It is sad, because as far as looks, she has always been my favorite.
6.
Tomorrow is Boyson's state competition for his Lego Robotics Club. It will be a fun day - and we're just in it for the learning experience (although we said that last time and look what happened!)
7.
I haven't been on Facebook for over two weeks - and I think know I am better off for it!
Visit Conversion Diary here.
Visit Conversion Diary here.

1 comment:
"I haven't been on Facebook for over two weeks - and I think know I am better off for it!"
I gave it up several months ago and have never once regretted that decision!
I know what you mean about Seton book reports, but I can honestly say that by seventh grade my sons could write their book reports with very little copy editing from me. It is a learned skill, but once they get it, they've got it! This is our first year doing any different (curriculum wise) and it is CHC with Faith. I love CHC but I think Seton was much better for the boys.
Good luck at the Lego match -- sounds fun.
Post a Comment