Monday, January 3, 2011

My Daybook - January 3, 2011

Outside my window...  cold, cold, cold.  Today the temp got up to about 41, up from yesterday's 37.  We've been in the low 20's at night.  It's been dry.  The cold weather is a lot of work when you have animals. 

I am thankful for...  heat.

I am thinking... a lot about the future of our homeschooling.  I have been praying a lot too.  I don't have any answers yet.  I am lacking confidence for the middle school/high school years that we are heading into next year.  I am very intimidated by curriculum choices that seem so lofty, and can't seem to find something that's a good fit.  I know I can't go it alone or plan my own - that's just way more than I want to or feel able to do.  Plus, it will be our TENTH year of homeschooling and I am worn out.  So I am just thinking and praying for right now.


From the school room... we've had a three week break - I really needed it!  But we are back to school today.  The day went well, although it was a bit long (Boyson didn't finish until almost 3:00).  I threw a few new things into the mix in the hopes that it will liven things up a bit.

From the kitchen... a couple of things on my plan for the next week or so:  Cornish Game Hens with Lime Glaze (in the slow-cooker), a ham, and then split-pea soup.

I am wearing... khaki slacks, a burgundy t-shirt, and my black Columbia fleece, and slippers.

I am creating... I actually got out my embroidery floss and am working on putting two of these 59 Chickens onto a towel for my kitchen.

I am going... to work on losing some weight.  Ideally, I would like to lose 20 lbs.  But it's a daunting task for me; you see, I love to eat.  I enjoy food.  But I haven't been happy in my skin for a very long time, and seeing as how I turned 40 in December, it's time.  I really need to get this done.

I am reading... nothing right now.  I also did not get my book club book read in time for book club tomorrow night.

I am hoping... to spend less time on the computer, namely:  Facebook.  Okay, and this bothers me:  did you know that you can't delete your Facebook account?  That you can only deactivate it?  So all that "stuff" is stored out there somewhere in cyberworld  forever.  I guess somehow I knew that, but I didn't really know it.

I am hearing... the TV.

Around the house... many bags and small furniture items went to Goodwill this past week as I did some major purging.  I cleaned out a bunch of school stuff, some old knick-knacks that I no longer care for, clothes, old toys - you know, the usual list.  Ahhhh - it feels so good!  I'm not one to make New Year's resolutions, but I am going to try really hard to not let some of this frivolous junk into the house.

One of my favorite things... Mrs. Meyers Clean Day Counter Top Spray in Geranium Scent.  Love it! Love it!  Love it!  Especially in the middle of winter - it's like spring time came right into the house.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

  • Book Club for me
  • Little Flowers for Lil Guhl
  • Lego Robotics for Boyson
 Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

 
Lil Guhl and I did some major cleaning and reorganizing of her room.  We still have a bit more to do, but it sure looks a whole bunch tidier than it did.


For more daybooks, go here.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Do you need free Google+ Circles?
Did you know that you can get these ON AUTOPILOT AND TOTALLY FREE by using Like 4 Like?