Yesterday, the weather was nice enough to mow the lawn and do a bit of yard clean up. Wow - it sure looks nice. And I feel like I have such a jump on spring now. Although, I woke up to a slight dusting of snow today, so it feels like we're back to winter, at least for now.
2.
I am enjoying the book Augustine Came to Kent
much more the second time around. I am reading it to Lil Guhl for one of her book reports. Boyson also read it in the 4th grade, and I don't remember enjoying it as much. I think he read most of it on his own and I only read parts to him; maybe that's why.
3.
Wedding planning is hard.
4.
I promise never, ever, ever to bring home one of the Red Velvet cakes from Costco ever again unless I am having a large party. That way I won't have to eat most of it myself.
5.
President Obama is visiting my husband's work campus today. He probably will not get to see him as it is a very large place and security is very tight. It would be neat to actually see the president in real life, and I thought about going over there with the kids, but it will be such a circus, and the chances of even catching a very small glimpse of him are probably minute. We'll just stay home and write our book reports instead.
6.
I finally got around to making these fabulous Pumpkin Waffles for breakfast yesterday. Boyson loved them! I was surprised, as my kids tend to be very finicky lately. He asked to have them again today.
7.
My husband went in for a pre-op appointment this morning for his knee. He has a small cartilage tear that has been giving him some pain. The surgery is scheduled for March 1st. I think he is going to go ahead with it. Please pray for all to go well and a speedy recovery.
For more Quick Takes - go here.
7.
My husband went in for a pre-op appointment this morning for his knee. He has a small cartilage tear that has been giving him some pain. The surgery is scheduled for March 1st. I think he is going to go ahead with it. Please pray for all to go well and a speedy recovery.
For more Quick Takes - go here.

No comments:
Post a Comment