Monday, February 28, 2011

My Daybook - February 28, 2011

Outside my window... it is windy, rainy, and very cold.

I am thinking...  about cleaning out my Google Reader.  I just don't have time to visit so many blogs, nor I am finding it all that worth my time anymore.  I guess my "romance" with blogging has worn off a bit (that's probably why I hardly post on my own any more . . .) and really only enjoy a few at this point.

I am thankful for... our parish dinner being over.  We worked at it yesterday and I have to admit that it is not my favorite fundraiser to volunteer for.  It always seems like there are too many volunteers so many of us end up standing around a lot. It also tends to be fairly chaotic and I just get very weary at chaotic events.

From the schoolroom... I just ordered Teaching Textbooks 5 for Lil Guhl. She is almost done with grade 4.  She is really cruising right along with this program.  Both kids have also started learning to type - of which they are not that crazy.

From the kitchen... my husband is fixing dinner tonight - I think it is sausage and rolls and I don't know what else.
 
I am wearing... my black sweatpants, Columbia sweater and tennis shoes.

I am creating... crafts for the Little Flowers meeting on Friday.
 
I am going... to pick up my daughter's wedding dress with her tonight - I think - I haven't heard from her today, so I am assuming that's the plan.

I am reading... How to be an American Housewife

I am hoping... that my husband's knee surgery goes well tomorrow and that his recovery is speedy and uneventful.

I am hearing... the kids playing on the Wii.

Around the house... I cleaned my closet over the weekend.  I don't have a large closet nor a lot of clothes, but I did have plenty of things stuffed in there that I just don't wear, or don't fit, or were just plain old.  I filled three brown paper bags.  It feels good!
 
I am praying for... my children, my husband, Renee, my new godchild - baby Ethan, and Michelle.

One of my favorite things... hearing the rain pounding on the roof of the house and being all cozy inside.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week: My husband's recovery will dictate most of the rest of my week.  But I am going to try to make it to the wedding photography appointment and Little Flowers.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Baby Ethan just prior to becoming a child of God!

To participate in the fun, go here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cleaned out my reader a couple of months ago. You know, there's a seson for everything and everyone...I'm a new follower from Catholic Mothers Online. Please stop by and return the favor.