Friday, June 3, 2011

Cupcake Stands

I have been working on the cupcake stands for my daughter's wedding.  They are having red velvet cupcakes instead of wedding cake.  Since we have a small budget, and not a lot of room at the reception to have a separate "cake table," my hairdresser had the fabulous idea to use the cupcakes as centerpieces instead of flower arrangements.

So I went to a couple of Goodwill's and stocked up on clear glass candlesticks. (There are a couple of silver ones and the wooden one that could be painted black, but I think we are going to stick with all clear glass.)
 
These are just cardboard cake rounds covered with fabric and ribbon, and then hot glued to the candlesticks.  

 
 
 
 
 

Part of the beauty in all of this is that they don't all match.   We will have three stands and about 14-15 cupcakes per table.  The tablecloths will be black, and we will probably scatter some red gemstones around under the stands.
Some of these candlesticks are so beautiful that I felt bad about hot gluing them to a piece of cardboard, but I think they can be saved when we are finished with them.  The hot glue can probably be picked off.

3 comments:

Jessica Gordon said...

What a wonderful idea! They look beautiful!!

Kristen said...

They look great. I love that they are mismatched.

Anonymous said...

Those are so lovely! What a great idea!!