Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Daybook - June 22, 2011

FOR TODAY - Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Outside my window... It's dark - it's 4:45 a.m.  Yes, I couldn't sleep; which is too bad since the train that has been coming by at 1:30 and 3:30 most mornings for the past few weeks didn't come by today to wake me up.  Grrr!

I am thinking... that every time I sit down to type up something for this blog it seems so uninspiring, so dull.   Perhaps that is why I am not posting much lately.  I feel sort of disinterested.  And I guess I wonder what the role of blogging really is if no one is reading.  So I am seriously contemplating the future of this blog.

I am thankful for... a lot of things too numerous to list, but at the forefront of my thoughts this day is a husband who works hard to take care of our family.  And good friends who help you out! (see: I am going  . .)

From the school room... summer break - except for Math.  Even then we are only doing Math 3 days per week. I purchased next year's curriculum.  For the most part it will be Seton with a few alternatives thrown in.  Enrolling with them ended up being an agonizing decision this year - simply because I have found myself in the trap of comparing my children and me to what everyone else is doing.   I have found on some occasions that other homeschoolers tend to treat you like you aren't legit if you aren't doing classical curriculum or Charlotte Mason, or whatever seems to be "the best method."  There is definitely some taboo about a "pre-packaged" curriculum that I didn't write myself (do I sound a little bitter??).  But I decided to go for it because for the most part, Seton works for my family.  It's a good, solid, Catholic curriculum and that's the ultimate goal for me anyways.

From the kitchen... my usual - ????

I am wearing... pajamas.

I am creating... nothing right now.

I am going... to get a check in the mail to my friend who found my dress for my daughter's wedding in the right size.  Here's the scoop - A few weeks ago I found "the dress" at JC Penney, but they only had it in two sizes:  one size below mine, and one two or three sizes too big.  So I bought the smaller size and resolved to finally lose the 10 lbs. or so that I would still like to lose.  A friend who lives in Washington was shopping at JC Penney over the weekend and found my dress - in the right size!  So she called and asked if she should buy it!  I said yes!  I have 90 days to return either dress - so now I have options without pressure!  Which is good, because I have not been doing a very good job at losing much weight.

I am reading...  Clara & Mr. Tiffany

I am hearing... the birds starting to chirp and the fan.  Yesterday was in the 80's so the house is still hot this morning.
 

Around the house (or yard) ... bark dust.  We spread bark dust on Monday.

One of my favorite things...relaxing and enjoying our yard in all its beauty with a fresh layer of bark dust.


A few plans for the rest of the week: 
a vet appointment for the kittens, and a haircut on Saturday.  And Math.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

This picture is very hard to see, but the kids "camped out" in our backyard for two nights this week.  They had their own fire pit and even made their own waffles in the morning with our camp stove waffle cooker.  They had a great time!

For more daybooks - please had on over to Peggy's

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I always read your blog : )

Good for the kids camping out twice!!

admin said...

I read your blog all the time, too. :o) I especially like the daybooks and anything to do with chickens. :o) Becky

Angela said...

Thanks you two! I am glad I have a couple of readers.