1. It's been awhile hasn't it? Sorry about that . . . it's been a busy summer, and quite frankly, I haven't been all that motivated to blog. But today I feel like I have some stuff to mention.
2. The roof and gutters on our house are all done. I am so glad we just paid to have it all done and that my husband didn't have to do it. Somethings are just worth it. It looks really great, except that we didn't get the color quite right on the gutters we picked. The trim on our house is a reddish-brown and we picked a regular brown. There was a reddish-brown gutter choice, but we were worried it would be too dark. Oh well, it's not that noticeable, but we were disappointed that we didn't do a better job of picking colors. We can always paint them later.
3. Lil Guhl will be starting school on Monday because she wants to, and Boyson will start on September 5th because that's what he wants to do. I figured - why not?
4. The wedding invitations for my daughter's wedding have been mailed! We are now within the six week window (aka crunch time!) for preparations. I am sure that will go by fast. We have quite a bit to do, but I think it will all come together.
5. I scored a never-been-used Pampered Chef 9x13 stoneware pan at Goodwill yesterday for $20.00. These retail new for $40.00. My daughter would like to start her stoneware collection so it will be a wedding gift!
6. Our two kittens are all vaccinated and spayed and neutered. Wow - it has sure seemed like a lot of trips to the vet this summer. I have been to the vet more this summer with these two kittens than I have been in the 13 years we have owned our old dog.
7. I finally got Boyson's room painted. Whew! That's been on my list for a long time, and the room really needed painting. He's a pretty neutral kind of boy, so I did a cream on three walls, and a taupe on the window wall. I am very pleased with how it came out. I also found him a new bedspread set on clearance at Target and a new brown valance to match. It all came together very nicely, and even though he doesn't want to admit, he likes it.
That's all for now folks! For more Quick Takes go here.

1 comment:
Nice to see you back! It sure has been a busy summer...aren't they all? But it's the stuff memories are made of... :o) Becky
Post a Comment