Saturday, March 14, 2009

Poultry Learning Day

How could I forget the camera for this fun event that we went to today???

We even got to see a chicken get a bath and I am so sorry I was not able to take pictures to share with you. But the good news is that now we know how to do it, so when we bathe our chickens we will be sure to take some pictures of the big event.

Thanks to our wonderful 4-H leaders who put on this educational event, the kids got to practice their chicken showmanship skills, learn about judging good laying hens, all about eggs, and even how to cut up a fryer chicken. (I don't think any of the chickens there were very happy about that). They also had a "Poultry Bowl" game with real buzzers and everything. Somehow, Boyson won a prize, but didn't really answer that many questions. Go figure!

We have another chicken event on April 4th, and I promise I will remember the camera.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My! I had no idea chickens even NEED a bath. You have got to take pictures!!! Maybe that alone will cure of his chicken obsession, "Angela has them, why can't I???" lol.

Anonymous said...

guess that should have said cure STEVE of his chicken obsession...