Wednesday, March 18, 2009

WoW - Weight on Wednesday

I have been MIA on this for a few weeks because I have had nothing to report. Heck, I don't even know if Regina is doing it this week. Maybe she just hasn't posted it yet today.

Anyways, I started the Curves diet on Saturday, and am happy to report that as of this morning when I stepped on the scale I have lost 3 pounds!! I am so excited, and it's definitely a motivator to keep going. I am really needing that at this point.

The Curves diet gives you two options: high protein, or high carbohydrate. I chose the protein option because it says in the book that there is generally more weight loss with this option. I feel like I have been eating a lot of food, although the first week is only 1200 calories. The next few weeks I will go up to 1500 calories (still high protein).

The other notable thing is that I have noticed a difference in the way my stomach feels. I know I eat too many carbs, and I think that causes my stomach to feel crampy and bloated. I can't believe the difference I have noticed in just a few days of not eating so many carbs (especially bad ones!)

Onward!