Monday, February 15, 2010

My Daybook - February 15th

Outside my window...  Sunny and 53 degrees.  It's supposed to reach 60 one day this week.  Early spring??

I am thinking ... about Lent.  It's only two days away and I am not ready.  I just can't get motivated for some reason.  Yesterday, I heard Lil Guhl telling someone about the food basket we did last year . . . I had forgotten about that.  It sounded like she really liked that so I need to get my act in gear and get that ready to go.  I would like to put up our Stations of the Cross too.  I think we will do this project on Ash Wednesday.

From the school room ... Not much new news here . . . we have sort of ditched a lot of Seton's expectations.  While we are still working out of many of their books, we are going it alone, so to speak, and do what works for us right now.  I am avoiding power struggles with Boyson over Math.   Lil Guhl started learning Spanish with this program and she is really loving it!

From the kitchen... Hmmm, I don't know . . .  this is always a hard one for me.  It's surprising, seeing as how I am a pre-planner type person, I can never seem to have a meal plan ready for the week.

I am wearing... khaki slacks, a white t-shirt and a blue hoodie.

I am creating... nothing fun.  But I do have to paint the bottoms of the hat boxes that we made for Little Flowers (oops - I guess I was supposed to paint the bottoms!) and then I have to put a coat of glaze on them.

I am going... to dinner tonight at The Cheesecake Factory

I am reading...   The Heretic's Daughter

I am hearing ... the hum of the refrigerator.  The kids are outside playing with the chickens and my husband went to town. 

Around the house...We are still working in our master bathroom - fooled ya!  I know you thought that from my last Wordless Wednesday that we were finished.  But we still have the floor to do.  Actually, that is where my husband went: to get all the supplies.

One of my favorite things... watching the Winter Olympics!  We love watching Apolo Anton Ohno in the speed skating events.  What about you - what's your favorite?

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Science class for the kids, Ash Wednesday Mass, PE Class and American Heritage Girls. 

A picture thought I am sharing:

 
These are some of the hat boxes the girls made at our Little Flowers meeting.  These will be memory boxes that are donated to local hospitals to be given to families that have lost babies.  This was for the Corporal Work of Mercy:  Bury the Dead which was our meeting focus.

For more Daybooks, be sure to head on over to Peggy's

1 comment:

Crafty P said...

thanks for the link of the salt dough crown of thorns- I will definitely be doing that this year for our bigs!

lovely daybook!

blessings!