Monday, March 1, 2010

My Daybook - Welcome to March!

Outside my window...  Cloudy and 55 degrees.  No rain!  It's been such a mild winter here. 

I am thinking ... that it's been a long time since I posted to this here blog.  I guess I've been a little out of sorts lately.  But hopefully I will be back in the saddle now.  So have no fear, my three readers, I hopefully will have something to entertain you with again.

From the school room ... A day off today . . . The kids and I worked a 4 hour shift at our parish dinner yesterday and we were beat.  So we slept in today, and I cancelled school.

From the kitchen... Chili for dinner tonight.  Then leftovers tomorrow.  I don't know what else for the rest of the week. 

I am thankful ... that the parish dinner is over until next year.  It's such a long day! 

I am wearing... brown slacks, a white turtleneck, and a red pullover sweater.
 
I am creating... Stations of the Cross boxes for the religious ed class I help teach at our parish.  I hope the kids like them.  Mine will be a variation of the post I linked to, and hopefully I'll get some pics up for you to see.
 
I am hoping ...  that our sick chicken turns out to be okay. 
 
I am reading...   The Whistling Season 

I am hearing ... the hum of the refrigerator and the dog snoring.  Since it was a 'no-school day', the kids are with my husband at my mother-in-law's burning her big pile of brush.
 
Around the house...The bathroom is officially finished!  Whew, that was a big job for such a small bathroom.  Now you don't have to hear about it anymore.
 
One of my favorite things... quiet!
 
A few plans for the rest of the week:  Science class for the kids, book club that I am hosting here, Little Flowers and American Heritage Girls. 

A picture thought I am sharing:  (or two!)

 
 
 

For more Daybooks, be sure to head on over to Peggy's

No comments: