Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook - March 9th Edition

Outside my window...  Cloudy, windy and 46 degrees.  Brrr it's been cold today, and probably feels even colder especially since we haven't had much of a winter.

I am thinking ... about how fast the time seems to be flying.  Easter will be here before we know it!

From the kitchen... I made enchiladas last night; my husband loved them.

I am going . . .  to see my daughter's new apartment tonight.  

From the schoolroom . . . I am making plans for next year already.  And I think I have most of my choices nailed down. I like ordering new books and hopefully it will rejuvenate me.  I will share my plans here sometime soon.
 
I am wearing... khaki slacks, a white t-shirt, and a light blue hoodie. 

I am creating... Resurrection Eggs for my religious education class on Sunday.
 
I am hoping ...  that our second sick chicken turns out to be okay.  Hmmm, what's going on here?
 
I am reading...   The Whistling Season still.  I am not lovin' it, but I will try to finish.

I am hearing ... my husband and the kids playing with software that sets Christmas lights to music.
 
Around the house... no projects!  It feels good to not have anything going on right now.  Although we do need to expand the size of our chicken coop this year to accommodate the 3 new chicks that are scheduled for pick up on March 26. 
 
One of my favorite things... all the cherry blossom trees that are all pink right now.  It looks like big tufts of cotton candy all over town.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week:  Science class for the kids, a Little Flowers planning meeting, PE class and 4-H Poultry Learning Day. 

A picture thought I am sharing:

(Hmmm, I don't actually have a picture thought this week.  So insert your own imagination here.  Maybe I'll find something to update this with later.)
For more Daybooks, head on over to Peggy's

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad I stumbled onto your blog! We have a lot in common ;-) I have three blessings and I also do the resurrection egg story with my religious Ed class that I teach, I home educated my two youngest until this year, used the same curriculum you have on our site, and...well, you get the picture. I think we even look related LOL I think I might have to start doing Wordless Wednesday...so contemplative. Thank you for sharing!