Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Daybook - April 13th

Outside my window... partly sunny, slightly breezy and 60 degrees!  It is supposed to get even nicer into this weekend.  Thank you God!  I am so ready for some nice weather.

I am listening to... the hum of the fridge, and I can hear my husband working out in the garage. I can also hear the kids digging in their Lego bins. 

I am thankful that... that our Little Flowers meetings are over for the year (except for our Mother-Daughter Social next month).  I learned a lot this first year at the helm and hopefully that will help me as I take on this endeavor again next year.  Of course, I am not going it alone!

I am thinking ... about marigolds, geraniums, lobelia, impatiens, hanging pots and flower beds.  It is getting to be that time . . .

I am hoping... that 10 chickens isn't too many.  I guess it's too late now.  If it is, that's what will be "From the Kitchen." (ha!) just kidding.


From the kitchen...  leftovers tonight, I don't know about the rest of the week.  I will wing it.

From the "school room"... I purchased a couple of MP3 files of conference talks from the Well Trained Mind.  The talks were all about teaching writing.  What a blessing those were . . . I am feeling so much better about our plans, and much more relaxed.  I was starting to panic about Boyson being in the sixth grade next year and what should we be doing for writing.  Susan Wise Bauer's advice is soooo good and really  helpful.

I am creating... Miniature Mary Gardens for my 4th grade religious ed class to make to celebrate Mary's month - May! 

I am wearing... sweats (see next item).

One of my favorite things...I just finished working out on Wii Fit Plus.  Okay, if you have a Wii and you don't have their Wii Fit, get one.  It is so great . . . I have cancelled my Curves membership and am doing this for my workouts now. It is so good and I don't have to leave the house anymore or try to figure out how I am going to make a trip up to Curves.  After the first couple of workouts I was soooo sore . . . something I could never say about Curves.  And I do sweat.  So I know I am really getting a workout.

I am reading... Lonesome Dove

A few plans for the rest of the week:

  • Friday - Mass & PE Class
  • Saturday - a portrait session for all the grandkids for my mother-in-law's Mother's Day gift.
  • Sunday: Mass & Religious Ed
  • Sunday - my daughter and her boyfriend are coming for dinner.
  • Monday - Pioneer Woman book signing
A picture thought I am sharing:

 Lil Guhl helping Daddy build our new chicken coop.

For more Daybooks, go here.

No comments: