Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School - 2010

Today was our first official day of school for the new year.  It didn't go too bad.  We were working until about 2:00 only because we aren't that efficient with our new books and plans yet.  Plus, with Boyson being in 6th grade this year, I think the days of 2-3 hours of school are long gone.

We started off with Schultütes.  We started this last year and the kids really love it.  The tradition is to fill these with school supplies, but my kids are less than thrilled with school supplies and we don't usually need much in that regard, so I mostly put treats and goodies in them.   They did, however, really like the little highlighters I found.  They used them in most of their subjects today.

 
 

When you are finished opening your Schultüte, it can double as a dunce cap. 
(Sorry baby - I couldn't resist!)  And, no, my husband is not a student in our homeschool, but he does like to come and see the kids open their cones on the first day (well, and there is candy in them so he likes to get in on that, too).

1 comment:

Tween Lit Crit said...

What a lovely way to start. Glad you started before me; you gave me some ideas~ :)