-1-
Boyson's Robotics club is definitely ramping up. Maybe too much so. This has been a mixed bag for him; while I want him to be challenged, I don't want him to be discouraged or frustrated. Some of the things they want these boys (ages 9-12) to do seem a little over the top to me. But I think it will all work out in the end and he will be a better person because of it.
-2-
I am wearing (drumroll please) a pair of jeans that fit wonderfully and are comfortable! It's hard to find good pants these days, and I am thrilled. They are just good ol' Lee jeans. This surprises me, because in the past I have not had much luck with Lee jeans, but they have made some changes and I found a style for me! A pair of good fitting pants makes a diet seem not so important anymore. My husband will probably laugh at this though, because I could hate them tomorrow.
-3-
Today is a good hair day! Wow, good jeans, good hair - look out world! My husband will laugh at this too, because it could very well be different tomorrow. But who can fault me for living in the moment.
-4-
We have another sick chicken. She's one of our older hens, and she has had something wrong off and on for a few months now. We thought she was on the road to recovery awhile back, but alas it is not so. She's not going to make it. But it's okay - we need some natural attrition to happen.
-5-
I have not used any non-stick pans for well over a week now. I am even successfully cooking pancakes in (gasp) my big cast iron skillet. I have found the key to this is to use a metal spatula. I really want to eliminate non-stick pans as much as possible. And yes, I have cooked eggs in my cast iron skillet.
-6-
I am almost ready for the next Little Flowers meeting on November 5th. I have been working away on the craft prep and I only have a couple more things to do. I love being ready well in advance.
-7-
The bird of prey that we have seen a couple of times in our yard, actually landed yesterday and was chasing some small birds around in a bush that they congregate in. He tried for about two minutes, but didn't get anything. It was right outside our dining room window, so the kids and I just sat and watched. It was very cool, but a definite reminder that 'he has our number', and we can't leave the chickens loose unsupervised anymore. We are not sure what he is; he is smaller - about the size of a parrot. He might be a falcon. I don't think he could pack off a full size hen, but he could definitely take one our bantams, and perhaps our dwarf rabbit.
That's all folks! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:
Your husband does not believe take 2 or take 3. Especially not all in one day. Who are you and how did you get logged into my wifes account?
i just did my first ever 7 Quick Takes and noticed that we are both Angela's...so yours was the first I hopped over to! So fun to read about your fam. Thanks for sharing...and good luck to your chickens!
Post a Comment