FOR TODAY - October 12th
Outside my window... a beautiful fall day. It was in the 60's and sunny.
I am thinking... about my oldest daughter who will be 20 in just a few weeks. I can't hardly believe it. Time really does go by fast. I was exactly her age when I had her.
I am thankful for... for my husband's job. He was chatting with the neighbor a bit ago and the neighbor mentioned something about having "hard times." He is self-employed and things are just tough for people right now. So I am thankful for my husband's job.
From the school room... This week we are learning about noun cases (in English and Latin), bird nests, area of a triangle and a parallelogram (Boyson), long subtraction (Lil Guhl), The Epic of Gilgamesh, St. Helena of the True Cross, the Communion of Saints, the Apostle's Creed, and South America.
From the kitchen... I am going to make Lasagna tonight. This is my husband's favorite and we have not had it for a very long time. Plus, it will last several days for leftovers and lunches.
I am wearing... my new jeans and white t-shirt.
I am creating... St. Nicholas ornaments. I have one of these finished, but would like to make one for each of my kids. So I need to get going to have have them finished by St. Nicholas Day. I am about halfway finished with the second one.
I am going... to lead the Rosary at our parish on Sunday. Our parish has been having the rosary before Mass during the month of October, since it is the month of the rosary. Father asked me if I would take a Sunday. Even though I am not keen on standing up in front of people, how can you say no when your priest asks you to lead the rosary??
I am reading... nothing right now. But I do need to get started on the next book club book.
I am hearing... Boyson digging in his Lego bin, and Lil Guhl outside using the shop-vac to vacuum up acorns.
I am hoping... that my kids can find a creative way to sell their gourds. We have a lot of them, but we live on a cul-de-sac so there is not much traffic going by. Boyson wants to put a sign out by the main road directing people to our street. I guess we'll see. That would mean having to go up there and put the sign up and take it back down whenever they want to sit outside with the gourds.
Around the house... I am thinking that I would like to buy a carpet cleaner. Our carpets are in real need of a cleaning. It sounds a bit easier to just buy one rather than hire someone to do it. And with homeschooling, it would be difficult to have someone come to do this during the day. There is a $40.00 rebate for a Bissell right now; that coupled with my 20% off Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupon, I should be able to get a good deal.
One of my favorite things... Brisk fall mornings and turning the heater on and feeling cozy in the house.
A few plans for the rest of the week:
- A haircut for me
- Veterinary Explorations Class and Piano for Lil Guhl
- A tour at the Historical Society
- Lego Robotics Club for Boyson
- "Eat Your Way Around the World" lunch with friends
- Bingo at a local parish
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Join in the Daybook fun at the Simple Woman

No comments:
Post a Comment