I am thinking... about my older daughter and the trip she made to St. Louis. Her biological father, whom she never knew in person, was killed in a motorcycle accident last week. She made a trip there for the funeral. She had been in contact with him for just the past year. It has all been very strange.
From the schoolroom... into week 7 of school already, although we have been slacking off a bit this week. It feels nice to take a couple days off after we've been working hard.
From the kitchen... Artichoke Turkey Burgers for dinner tonight.
I am wearing... new jeans, and a long sleeve, burgundy t-shirt.
I am creating... crafts for our next Little Flowers meeting on November 5th. I also am painting some little wooden saints (thank you Jessica for all the inspiration on this! Lil Guhl is really loving these.)
I am going...to find out what to do with all the gourds that the kids grew at my mother-in-law's garden. I think it would be fun for them to sell them and make a bit of money - but we live in town with not a lot of traffic on our street. And what do people do with gourds anyways, besides decorating?? Do they eat them?
I am reading...nothing right now, but I need to get going on our next book club book.
I am hoping... to sleep well tonight. I haven't slept very well the past several nights and really need a good night's sleep.
I am hearing...the Wii and my husband mowing the lawn.
One of my favorite things... fresh eggs! We have so many eggs right now we are giving them away. It is so nice to finally have an abundance of eggs.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Lego Robotics for Boyson. That's it!
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
My little painted St. Therese
I am thinking that these might make really cute little gifts.
For more daybooks, head on over to The Simple Woman

3 comments:
I love this. Thanks for sharing. :)
Your doll turned out great! I've been wanting to make one of these dolls.
pax - lena
I'm so glad that you were able to paint some little saints! Your St Therese turned out darling! I made them for all my Little Flowers last year and they were a hit. They do make great gifts!
Happy All Saints Day!
Post a Comment