Thanks to the wonderful suggestion from Evann, we are listening to the four Gospels during Lent using the Truth and Life Dramatized Audio Bible New Testament
.
She even broke them all down into a daily listening guide in order to make it through all four Gospels during Lent! So far, so good - we are right on schedule.
I just wanted to share a few things that are new to me:
1. Starting with the Beatitudes in Chapter 5 of Matthew, Jesus' teaching lasts for 3 whole chapters!
2. There were actually two incidents of multiplying of the loaves and fishes (Matthew 13:13-21 and 13:32-38).
3. Jesus healed a whole bunch of people (I guess I knew that He did, but for some reason it just seems to really stand out to me in this half of Matthew's Gospel).
3. Jesus healed a whole bunch of people (I guess I knew that He did, but for some reason it just seems to really stand out to me in this half of Matthew's Gospel).
4. Matthew 13:34: "All this Jesus said to the crowds in parables; indeed he said nothing to them without a parable."
1 comment:
What a great idea!!!
Post a Comment