Monday, March 21, 2011

My Daybook - March 21st


Outside my window... it is cold, and a bit rainy.

I am thinking... about wedding decorations.  We have secured the church, the photographer, and the reception site.  Now it's on to the fun stuff - the decorations!

I am thankful for... my husband's knee being on the mend.  He went back to work last Wednesday, although on light duty.  Things are looking good - I was very worried that surgery could make things worse for him. 

From the school room... no spring break here, although we are on a reduced schedule.  I took geography, and science off the schedule.  There is also a reduced workload in Religion and Reading. 

From the kitchen... ???

I am wearing... brown cargo pants, a red t-shirt, slippers.

I am going...to take our little rabbit to the vet sometime this week.  She is older and seems to be having some ongoing problems that need to addressed.  I will spare you the details. 

I am reading... The Island 

I am creating... the prototype for the centerpieces for my daughter's wedding reception. Here's what I have so far:

I think I want to make the pomander bigger . . . and might choose some different beads to dangle in the middle.  This one was just made from some things I had on hand.
 
I am hoping... that we get some warmer weather soon.  I am really tired of all these cold, wet days.

I am hearing... the washer refilling.
 

Around the house... did some cleaning out of Lil Guhl's room over the weekend.  Ah - it always feels good to get rid of stuff.  I also rearranged some knick knacks to different spots. It always makes me feel like I have new stuff when I put my old stuff in new spots!

One of my favorite things... when a recipe turns out like the picture!  I made Spinach Lasagna Rolls for dinner on Friday, and they came out looking as beautiful as the picture, and were yummy!  Here's mine:


A few plans for the rest of the week:  school, bowling with extended family tonight, orthodontist appointment for Boyson, Stations of the Cross, a visit to the bridal shop to look at bridesmaids dresses.
 

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

 Planter boxes for the county fair

2 comments:

Kristen said...

The centerpieces look great.

Angela said...

Thank you!