Tonight, this recipe on the back of my bag of Gold Medal flour caught my eye. I love the name - and I had everything on the ingredient list to make them (well, sort of - see my notes below). I was worried how the cranberries would go with the carrot, but they turned out very yummy!!
2 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups unbleached flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup shredded peeled apple
1/2 cup coconut (I am not a fan of coconut, so I left this out)
1/2 cup raisins (I don't have any raisins, so I substituted 1/2 cup of dried cranberries)
3/4 cup sliced almonds (I like things with nuts, but my family does not, so I left these out)
1. Heat oven to 350. Place paper baking cup in each of 18 regular size muffin cups, or grease with shortening or cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, beats eggs, oil, milk and vanilla with a wire whisk until well blended. Add flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in carrots, apple, coconut, raisins and 1/2 cup of the almonds.
3. Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup almonds over batter.
4. Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan.
2 comments:
Yum! They look tasty.
they look so glorious!
Post a Comment