Monday, April 4, 2011

My Daybook - April 4th

Outside my window... it is back to cold and rainy.  We had a pretty nice weekend - dry and warm enough to be outside - now it is supposed to be a week of cold, rainy days. 

I am thinking... about school plans for next year. I am trying to decide if we should go with a full or partial Seton enrollment.  I get so overwhelmed with this decision.  I don't know why I keep looking for the greener grass.


I am thankful for... my commitment to our large Little Flowers group being over.  It was quite a lot of work.  I wish I could say that it was a great experience for me, but honestly, I am just too much of a Type-A pre-planner to be able to work with people who are not, and that drove me crazy.  I hate to admit this, but it's the truth.  Also, with wedding planning in the works, I will not really have time to be planning Little Flowers crafts.


From the school room... We are in Week 28 - roughly.  It is starting to feel a bit like the home stretch as the kids will be finishing up a couple of subjects in the next few weeks.  I am thinking that we may do math through the summer.  That would be the first time for us to do schoolwork during the summer.

From the kitchen... ???

I am wearing... black work out pants, a pink t-shirt, and my slippers

I am going... to call the orthodontist tomorrow morning to make a consultation appointment for Lil Guhl.  After the kids' dentist appointments today, we learned that Lil Guhl will have to have a few of her adult teeth extracted and then she will need early orthodontics (she's 10 1/2).  She has a small jaw (just like her momma!) and there just isn't room in there for all those teeth.  Plus, Boyson will need to back in next week to have a couple of baby teeth removed that just won't budge.  He is not a tooth wiggler, and these need to come out, so we're going to have to do it the hard, expensive way.  It's looking like a very expensive springtime!

I am reading... nothing right now, but getting ready to start    I Still Dream About You

I am creating... lollipops that maybe can be used as wedding favors.  Here's my first try (I've never made candy from molds before):


I didn't manage to get all of the bubbles out, and I am not sure whether or not I like the red flowers.  This mold is very small; the bride and groom are only two inches tall, and the bride is holding the flowers in the crook of her elbow.  It is very hard to get the detail of the flowers just right.  And I didn't get the line between the bride and the groom very well, but hopefully with some practice they will look better.  My daughter's wedding colors are black and white, with red accents.  She will be carrying red flowers.  So I will ask her what she thinks . .
Here they are wrapped up;  I am not sure which one I like better.


I am hearing... the chickens clucking outside - gosh they get noisy.
 

Around the house... purging, purging, purging.  We boxed up all the kids' Playmobil toys and put them in a large box for storage.  My kids are past being interested in playing with these toys, but they are worth keeping for my children to give to their kids someday.  My kids have A LOT of Playmobil, so it freed up a ton of space in their rooms.  I also have been cleaning out old school stuff and reorganizing what I am keeping.

One of my favorite things... my kid's clean rooms!


A few plans for the rest of the week:  haircut for Lil Guhl, bowling class for Boyson, Book Club for me, piano lesson for Lil Guhl, PE class for Boyson, Stations of the Cross on Friday.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Our newest "family member:"  Peter Rabbit
He's about 11 weeks old.

For more daybook fun, go here!

1 comment:

elm said...

I love the wedding favor/pops! I would go with the red roses if it isn't too much of a hassle. They are nice splash of color.