Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Daybook - April 27th

FOR TODAY - April 27th
Outside my window... 
it is back to winter here.  Rainy, gray, cold.

I am thinking...
that I really am having a hard time filling this "slot" on this daybook.  I have to admit that this one always is hard for me.  I do think about  a lot of things, but for some reason they don't seem worthy of mentioning here.  Or maybe it's just too complicated to type it all out.

I am thankful for...
a hardworking husband who has been back at it building more chicken "condos" on his days off.  No, we don't have more chicks, but the housing we have had for our bantam hens was temporary, and really needs replacing (think:  lots of leaks).

From the school room...
We did our California Achievement Tests last week.  I mailed them on Thursday (the 21st) and yesterday I had a message in my inbox that they were graded.  Wow!  Go Seton!  (The kids did well, by the way, and it makes it all feel worth it).

From the kitchen...
I am thinking that it is time for another batch of Glorious Morning Muffins.

I am creating...
more wedding stuff.  I revamped the invitations today because my daughter and her fiance' had engagement photos taken and since there were so many prints we decided it would be fun to incorporate them into the invitations.  She really liked the "sample"  I made today so we will be shopping soon for paper, ribbons and envelopes and having an invitation making party with her maid of honor.  I have to add here that the photographer we chose is a local couple who are homeschooling their kids.  After seeing their work (and their very reasonable prices!), we are very excited to have hired them to photograph the wedding.

I am going...
to take Lil Guhl to get another Betta fish.  Her beloved Sapphire died yesterday.

I am reading...
I am hoping...
that spring shows up in this part of the country soon.  Seriously, we have had about three good weather days.  I am very tired of it being so cold.

I am hearing...
the kids fighting over playing on the Wii.
 
I am praying for...
my children, my husband, Renee, Ethan, Michelle.

Around the house...
I cleaned out the hallway cabinets and drawers last week.  My hall cabinets contain gift bags, tissue paper, curling ribbon, miscellaneous decorating items.  I filled a brown paper bag of items to donate.  It always feels so good to me to clean things out.

One of my favorite things...
planting flowers.  I got quite a bit planted in the past couple of days and I always look forward to seeing everything growing and blooming.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Nothing except school, school and more school.  There's a Volunteer Appreciation Dinner at our parish on Saturday night that we are going to.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

 This is my finished tablecloth.  I have a layer of clear vinyl over it for wipe-ability.  I wasn't too keen on the look of the shiny vinyl at first, but it does keep a tablecloth looking nice; and after some time I have decided that it isn't too bad.  And my goal is to make sure we aren't beating up the wood surface, so it will have to do.

To join in the Daybook fun, head on over to Peggy's.

Have a great week!

No comments: