Saturday, April 30, 2011

Pudding Layer Dessert

This recipe has been in my family since I was a young girl.  I have made it for many occasions, including our homeschool group's dessert competition, of which it won two years in row!  It is always a requested favorite.  I decided to take it to our Volunteer Appreciation Dinner at our parish tonight.  I am pretty sure that I will not be bringing any home!

Recently, I passed this recipe along to a friend who needed something to take to her Easter Sunday dinner with family.  She called me back the next day and told me that a couple of people wanted the recipe!  Like I said: always a hit!  So I thought I would share . . .

Pudding Layer Dessert

Bottom Layer:  
Combine: 
1 cup flour
1 stick of butter/margarine melted.
chopped walnuts (about 2 cups - I have never measured but I think it is probably somewhere around there!)
Press into a 9x13 pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Cool completely.


Second Layer:
1 - 8 oz. package cream cheese - softened.
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup Cool Whip
Mix and spread over bottom layer.

Third Layer:
1 - 4 oz. package vanilla instant pudding
1 - 4 oz. package chocolate instant pudding

Mix with 2 1/2 cups milk.
Pour over cream cheese layer and chill in fridge for 10 minutes.

Fourth Layer:
Spread Cool Whip over the top.  Serve cold and enjoy!

1 comment:

admin said...

Can't wait to try it! :o) Becky