Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Table

I am so excited for Thanksgiving this year!  Last Christmas we bought a new table - a real table - one that can seat 10 people.   So I am very excited for my first chance to use our table for a large group. 

My dining room table is a rich brown wood, my china is ivory with a platinum band, and I have a few of the clear glass candlesticks from my daughter's wedding decorations that I was hoping to use at centerpiece items. I was looking for a way to bring these contrasts together.  

Upon perusing a Pottery Barn catalog during Lil Guhl's piano lesson a week or so ago, I noticed that all of their fall table decorations were using ivory, silver, and a light rusty orange color, paired with clear glass.  Bingo!   

Here's what I came up with:



 

I am really thrilled with the way this turned out.   The best part is that these are mostly things I already had on hand.  I did buy the leaf placemats, the ribbon, the rocks, and yes, I bought the twigs in the large glass vase.
Bring on the turkey!

3 comments:

Daren said...

Looks real nice Babe!

Kristen said...

It looks beautiful. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Angela said...

Thank you!