The time has now come in the Church year for the solemn observance of
the great central act of history, the redemption of the human race by
our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
I made these to display in our home as a reminder of the focus of the 40 days to come. These are simply 5x5 artist canvas' that I painted and stenciled. The paint on these really is purple; my little camera is not high tech enough and it looks sort of blue. Anyways . . .
Lil Guhl had a wonderful idea. We put the names of our extended family and close friends, our parish priest, the poor, and the sick onto small pieces of paper and put them into a small glass bowl. Each night when we pray before the kids go to bed, we will draw out a name and pray for that specific person or group. I found specific prayers online for each intention and printed them out so they will be handy.
And good ole' Dollar Tree had purple candle holders, and small grapevine wreaths, so I was able to put this together in a flash for our dining room table.
Grant, O Lord, that we may begin with holy
fasting this campaign of Christian service, so that, as we take up
battle against spiritual evils, we may be armed with weapons of
self-restraint. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and
reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and
ever.
Amen.

3 comments:
I love it. What a great plan for Lent.
Thank you!
I surprised that I did not see Pippa's name in that pile.
Post a Comment