Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Lovin' the lights!

So, some of you know about the transition my living room has been undergoing since August.  Tonight my husband finished the lighting projects that I had asked for.  

Last week, he put in the recessed lights in the ceiling.  Today, he put the spotlights in the wall unit.    I am sorry for this slightly blurry picture, but my little camera just can't hack it on certain settings unless I drag out the tri-pod (which I was feeling too lazy to mess with).  I captured the 4 recessed lights in the ceiling, and you can see the three top openings in the wall unit with the new little spotlights in there.  Both are on a dimmer which makes it even more fun! 


 Since we love the new recessed lights in the living room so much we were thinking about putting some above our computer area, which has had horrible light for years (an old, ugly dining room chandelier has hung there since we moved in).  Since there is already a fixture in the center above the computer area, we weren't sure how to go about putting in more than one recessed fixture.  We didn't think that one light would be enough.  Then when I was at Lowe's the other day I checked out the track lighting and this is what I came up with for above the computer area.  It's a lot of light, but it's really nice for a work area. The "branch" look goes with the theme of this room, which is sort of rustic.



I am lovin' all this new light! 

Thank you to my wonderful husband who worked hard the past two weeks to get this all done in time for our Christmas company. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You husband sounds very nice and does a lot for you. Sounds like he deserves a treat!