Wednesday, December 9, 2009

O Antiphons

December 17 marks the beginning of the O Antiphons, the seven jewels of our liturgy, dating back to the fourth century, one for each day until Christmas Eve. These antiphons address Christ with seven magnificent Messianic titles, based on the Old Testament prophecies and types of Christ. The Church recalls the variety of the ills of man before the coming of the Redeemer.

A big "Thank You" to Charlotte for her fantastic idea for displaying the O Antiphons.  I had been in search of this wooden shadow box to make an O Antiphon house, but with no luck, so Charlotte's idea came just in time.
 
Here's mine all lined up and waiting for the 17th.



(We have A LOT of Altoids to eat!)

2 comments:

Jessica Gordon said...

These are such a great idea!! I loved seeing how yours turned out Angela!!

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

They turned out great! I hope you enjoy them! Enjoy your mints!!!