Monday, December 21, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - Christmas Edition


Outside my window... rain, rain and more rain.



I am thinking ... about all the things I have to finish up this week.  I have some baking/cooking to do and a few more gifts to pick up.

From the school room ... Christmas break!!!

From the kitchen... this week I am making treats to give as gifts.  We are also going to be feasting on a Honey-baked Ham for Christmas dinner.  We haven't had one in years, and it's a real treat!

I am wearing...still in my pajamas right now!


I am creating... chocolate leaves to go on a dessert that I will be taking to my mother-in-law's house on Christmas Eve. Several months ago I bought Hello Cupcake! and it has some super cute ideas in it.  I am going to make a cupcake wreath with chocolate leaves on top.  I will post a picture if it turns out well enough.


I am going... to get to the chiropractor today.  I woke up yesterday with a very sore neck!


I am reading... Destination Bethlehem to the kids.  We are a bit behind so I am hoping to be able to catch up this week and finish on time!


I am hoping... that I can get everything done this week and not be too harried about it!

I am hearing...my husband making a pot of coffee, and fixing breakfast.


I am thankful . . . for the surprise bonus from my husband's job that came last week!


Around the house...LOVING the new recessed lights in my living room that my husband installed last week!

One of my favorite things... Christmas break!!

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Volunteering at our parish St. Vincent de Paul food bank, and then Christmas Eve and Christmas Day festivities with our families!



A picture thought I am sharing:
 
Our old dog sleeping on the floor.
 

For more Daybooks, head on over to Peggy's 

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: