Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Daybook - July 13th

Outside my window...
Cooler weather!  Last week we had a bit of a heat wave, with temps in the mid to upper 90's.  Today it is around 70 and partly cloudy.  It feels sooooo good!

I am thankful...
for our pool on hot days.  Although I do not get in very often, it is great for the kids to have this on hot days.  This pool has lasted us 4 years now, and it has been money well spent.

I am thinking about...  
how fast the summer seems to be going by.  Heck, it's already mid-July. 

From the schoolroom...
Still on summer break.   So far, I have made up about 4 weeks of lesson plans for the coming school year. My goal is to have at least 9 weeks done before we start in late August.  I am still knee-deep in some planning/purchasing, but I am feeling more like things are coming together. 

From the kitchen...
Hot dogs, beans and coleslaw tonight.  The cabbage for the coleslaw is from our garden. Tomorrow:  something with marinated chicken.

I am reading...

I am hoping...
that I can feel more motivated to keep up with this blog.  It seems like there is not much that is noteworthy to post and so I just haven't been motivated to mention anything.  I have noticed that a few others seem very quiet on their blogs lately, too, so maybe something is in the water.

I am praying...
for my mother-in-law.

I am hearing...
our bantam hens squawking outside (and for some reason I had to look up how to spell 'squawking')

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • Lego Robotics club for Boyson and that is about it as far as anything being scheduled!!
  • packing and food prep for camping next week.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
 Our first blueberry harvest

For more daybooks, head on over to Peggy's

No comments: