Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook - Beginning of Summer Edition

Outside my window...
Summer - finally!  It has been sunny, warm, and dry here.  We seemed to have missed out on spring, and went from winter, straight into summer, so the past several days have been great!

I am thankful...
for summer break!  We really needed it this year!

I am thinking about...  
curriculum and extra-curricular plans for next year. Lil Guhl has expressed interest in more piano lessons.  Boyson is signed up for a Lego Robotics club.  We will not be continuing with our usual Friday morning PE class, so this frees up some time for other pursuits next year.  I am also thinking about Boyson's birthday coming up on the 9th.  He will be 12  .. . I can't believe it!

From the schoolroom...
Summer break, of course . . . I had originally planned some schoolwork during the summer, but we all really needed a break.  So we are doing nothing right now.  However, I am deep in the the throes of planning for next year.  Although, since we are not re-enrolling with Seton next year, I am all over the place with my curriculum decisions.  It is harder than I thought to 'go it alone.' 

From the kitchen...
We are having Grilled Chicken Tostadas tonight (for the second night in a row - yum!) and Artichoke Turkey Burgers on Wednesday.

I am reading...

I am hoping...to be all ready for camping on Sunday, July 4th. 

I am praying...
for my older daughter.

I am hearing...
the TV (this was typed at about 9:00 p.m. last night)
 
Around the house (and yard)...cleaning and purging more stuff.  The kids and I cleaned their rooms over the weekend, so a few things made it into the Goodwill pile.  We got the pool up, and it is pretty warm due to the great weather we have been having.  The kids played in it for two straight days.

One of my favorite things...Summertime and the livin' is easy.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • continuing tennis lessons for Lil Guhl
  • packing and food prep for camping
Here are some picture thoughts I am sharing with you...


 My budding golfer
 
For more Daybooks, check out Peggy's website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, We are having chicken tostatdas tonight also : )

Angela said...

Well, great minds DO think alike!