Friday, June 4, 2010

My (late) Daybook - Friday June 4th

Outside my window... gray.  It's been very gray, cool and wet around here.  When is spring going to come??

I am listening to... the hum of the fridge;  the kids are still in bed.

I am thankful that... that Boyson wants to take a golf class this summer. It's hard to get this boy interested in many things (except going to Goodwill to buy stuff to take apart).  So when I asked him if he would like to take golf lessons again (he did take a class a few years ago), I was surprised when he said yes.  I jumped right on it.

I am thinking ... that I need to get back to blogging or my three loyal followers may abandon me.  My last daybook post was April 13 - was it really that long ago?  Anyway, I know I have been slacking - it seems like the 'blog ideas' just aren't flowing.

I am hoping... that our washing machine is fixable.  It won't go into the spin cycle, unless I go lift the lid at the right time.  I really don't want to spend the money to buy a new one right now.

From the kitchen...  no plans for anything right now.  But I should get to planning for next week.  Things go better when I can answer my husband when he asks, "What's for dinner?"

From the "school room"... we are trying to finish up our writing curriculum, and Boyson's English and Religion books.  Lil Guhl is mostly finished with all her core subjects.  I have decided that we are going to be doing Math through the summer this year so we have moved into Teaching Textbooks.  We also are going to be doing some science and maybe a little geography over the summer. 

I am creating... nothing right now.  Well, unless you count the "lessons plans" for a few subjects for school next year.

I am wearing... my robe.

One of my favorite things... yard work.  Yes, really it is.  It is so very satisfying to go outside and work in the yard and get everything looking nice.  I dead-headed and trimmed 4 rhodedendrons in our front yard yesterday, just before it started raining.  I also edged the lawn and mowed it, and hoed and raked the soil in the flower beds.  It looks all nice and clean.  Now to the garden center to get my marigolds, geraniums and lobelia.

I am reading... Summer at Tiffany

A few plans for the next week:

  • Sunday - last religious education class for the year (Whew!)
  • Sunday evening - bonfire at a friend's house
  • Monday - Tuesday: Beach trip
  • Wednesday - roller skating party with the homeschool group
  • Friday - a field trip with some friends
  • Saturday - Grad party for my niece
A picture thought (or two!) I am sharing:

 We made papier-mache globes for geography last week.  The kids really loved this.

That's all folks!  For more daybooks, head over to Peggy's

1 comment:

Regina said...

i hate that dinner question!
and i too am wondering when warmer weather will be coming our way
r