Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Look who came to visit today?

My neighbor came and rang my doorbell at about lunch time today and asked if we were now raising ducks.  He said that there was a momma duck and 7 ducklings that had been right up on our front porch.  They walked into the cul-de-sac and came up to our front porch just like they owned the place.  She even pooped on my front walkway.  He didn't come over to tell us until they were back out in the street, but I am glad he got some photos for us.

They were so cute waddling around, but I don't know where they came from .  We live near a very busy road, and this momma duck would have had to cross this very busy road if she came from a small, wetland area on the other side!  Wow - I hope she made it back home okay.

2 comments:

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

(Sorry to leave an unrelated comment, I couldn't find an email address to contact you on directly.)

I just wanted to make sure that you knew that your blog is featured as a site on the Catholic Gadget (Catholic Family Toolbar).

Gardenia said...

lovely little duckies. just stopping by. I saw your blog listed on the Catholic Gadget toolbar. you have a lovely family. nice to meet you.