It's been a rough year here as far as homeschooling goes . . . the three of you that read my blog already know that from all my complaining. I am worn out. I try to make things fun, or to cut my kids some slack. But whenever I do that, they take a mile. I feel like I am dragging everyone along, and it's not my even education - it's theirs. I seem to be the only one working hard. I hate to have to be the drill sargeant homeschooling mom, but that seems like what it's going to take.
The problem is that I am simply too worn out to do the drill. Right now I am trying to discern if this worn out feeling is God's gentle voice telling me the homeschool gig is up, or if it's just me being whiny.
That's my Monday so far - just keeping it real. How's yours?
6 comments:
About the same! ;)
Hang in there!! I think quite a few of us are feeling worn out right about now. I'll say a prayer for you today!
We are in the same boat. We are all so burned out, completely!
Oh, I hear ya! Thank you for being so honest about it. It's good to know there are others out there.
I'm hoping that, for myself, it's just a bad case of Spring Fever...
maybe the case for you as well?
Please know that I will be offering up my "struggling momma" day for you.
{{hugs}} and God bless you!
Oh, Angela,
First: I love your blog.
Second: I hope this helps: I signed my 14 yr. old up for an on-line computer course (Bravewriter), and I could so relate to a comment the author made.... she said (roughly)...
In the fall, I'm a classical teacher...
by December... I'm a Charlotte Mason unit study teacher....
By May... I'm a rabid unschooler...
:)
Are you coming to the homeschool conference? we must talk... I'm the rabid unschooler at the moment, too.
P.S. I abhor racoons... they got 2 of my chickens...
Thank you for being so honest! Sometimes I feel as if I am alone in these feelings. This might be the reason we start early in August so we can finish early!! We do a very small smigen during the entire year but we are "officially" done with their years as of last Friday:) Whew!!
This is when you break out your "Why I am Homeschooling" and/or "What I Want My Kids to Know or Have Learned When We Are Done With Our Homeschooling Journey" statement(s).
Having the statements in writing that I can break out whenever needed really helps me!
Keeping you in my prayers today!
Post a Comment