8:00 AM: The kids get up. One of their "goals" for this new school year is getting up on their own with the alarm clock. Two weeks in: so far so good. My kids have never been early risers, so this is a great accomplishment. My goal is to be all showered and dressed before they get up. I fix them pancakes for breakfast. I have streamlined this to be very easy and it has solved a lot of breakfast battles.
8:45 AM: I run the vacuum cleaner around the hallway, bathrooms and my bedroom, while the kids finish their morning routine.
9:00 AM: We start school. Since it's Friday, it will be a light day.
11:30 AM: Time for lunch. I fix lunch and the kids listen to Ranger's Apprentice Book 6
12:00 PM: I am leaving to run to town. We are purchasing a keyboard for Lil Guhl to practice her piano lesson on. We cashed in some reward points for a gift card to Best Buy to purchase this keyboard; the gift card came in today's mail. She has been waiting patiently, so I am going to go get it today. I will also hit Michael's and maybe Joann's to use my Labor Day coupons to get more of the supplies for Little Flowers. I have to make it back by 3:00 to take Boyson to his Lego Robotics club.
2:15 PM: I get home with the keyboard and there is lots of arguing over who gets to play it first. I have to threaten to take it back to the store.
3:00 PM: I take Boyson to Lego Robotics Club. I run to the post office while he is there.
5:30 PM: We get home from Lego Club and start dinner: chicken burgers and french fries. I am going to drink a beer while I water our small patch of lawn in the front yard. The kids are playing with the new keyboard.
6:00 PM: The kids are still plunking away on the new keyboard. They are disappointed that it doesn't have a "toilet sound" like their friend's keyboard.
6:20 PM: Dinner is ready; the kids listen to more of the Ranger's Apprentice while they eat (I have to add that this is one of my husband's work days, so dinner is much more casual when he is not here).
7:00 PM: I decide to go re-arrange Lil Guhl's room so that the new keyboard can go in there. We are just very space limited here and I don't have a good spot for it out in the rest of the house. I get very sweaty moving things around and feel very frustrated about all the 'stuff' that has to be accommodated.
8:30 PM: My husband gets home, and I greet him with a delicious, Tony's pizza for his dinner. I go back to finish up Lil Guhl's room.
8:50 PM: I finally get in the shower.
9:20 PM: We pray with the kids and get them in bed. My husband and I settle in to watch "The Next Food Network Star" which we are behind on, but it's on the DVR so it doesn't matter. But last night we accidentally watched a commercial on live TV that gave away the winner. Oh well. I was suspicious of the winner because she was doing so well on the last few episodes we watched. We will watch the rest anyway.
10:30 PM: It's far too late for us to be up, so we head for bed.
I'll start all over tomorrow!
3 comments:
I love seeing a snapshot of other moms' days.
thanks! (did you feed the chickens?) :)
Yes, I fed the chickens; they are eating a lot!! But at least we are finally getting some eggs!
I LOVEd reading your "day in the life"... it makes me feel a little under-busy. I just seem to keep doing the same thing every day, day after day after day, though! Maybe I will write out my day one of these days soon. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment