I am thinking... that I don't want to take my wedding ring into the jeweler because I know that the bent prong I noticed the other day is going to be expensive to fix. It's only slightly bent and the stone is not loose, but I really loathe spending money on stuff like this. Although I should probably take it in - this is its first "damage" in 14 years of marriage, so if you average the cost of the repair over 14 years, it's pennies per year. I gotta justify it somehow right??
I am thankful for... a husband who can make things. He cut exactly 46 little blocks for our Little Flowers club for a craft that the girls will be making. If we were to buy these little blocks it would cost the club about $137.00, but since my husband could do it, it was the cost of 2 - 2x4's (less than $10.00).
From the school room...second week of school almost finished! I definitely have some kinks to work out, and we've already changed a few things, but we are off and running.
From the kitchen... We have corn ready in our garden!
I am wearing... still in my jammies as of this writing.
I am creating... Little Flowers crafts.
I am going... to drop off "Back to School" goodies to my nieces and nephews today.
I am reading... textbooks. Just trying to stay ahead of the kids schoolwork.
I am hoping... my nieces like the little notebooks I made for them.
I am hearing... the dishwasher and the sprinkler outside.
One of my favorite things ... circle punches! I picked up one of these at Joann's the other day for a project and I am loving it. It is such a handy little thing for all sorts of crafts. These come in lots of shapes and sizes, and I think I will definitely invest in a few more. I know those Cricut machines are probably way more slick, but that's out of my price range, and storage ability, so I will stick with these little punches for now.
Around the house... I bought two new end tables for our family room last week to replace our old, mismatched ones. They were not expensive, but they look great and really make the room look more tidy because they match. What a difference a few small changes can make.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Lego Robotics Club for Boyson, and an impromptu one night camping trip over the weekend.
Here is picture (or four!) for thought I am sharing... Inspired by this post, I made these post-it note holders as gifts for the moms who are Little Flowers teachers this year. These are my test runs and I used what I had on hand, so I may modify the colors a bit. The St. Therese image is a rubber stamp I found and embossed onto the paper.
What do you think?
For more daybooks, please heda on over to Peggy's
1 comment:
I LOVE these tags you made! So cute! Where did you get a St. Therese stamp like that? I haven't embossed in such a long time. Thanks for sharing these pictures :-)
Post a Comment