I am thinking... that I feel old. My niece gave birth to a baby boy last Thursday night; that makes me feel old! Either way, she and the baby are doing just fine and he's a cutie. It brought back so many memories to go to the hospital and see him. It has been 10 years since I have held a newborn baby!
From the schoolroom... into week 5 of school already. We are settling in nicely to most of our curriculum. I still feel all over the place and not sure of myself with History, but maybe that will work itself out in the next few weeks. If not, I guess we'll have to do something else.
From the kitchen... spaghetti for dinner tonight; we will also have corn-on-the-cob with that because we have a lot of corn ready right now; I know it's not traditional to go with spaghetti, but if we don't have corn with dinner right now it will go to waste.
I am wearing... my usual black work out pants and a pink long-sleeve t-shirt.
I am creating... crafts for our first Little Flowers meeting of the year on October 1st.
I am going... to attend a retreat this coming weekend at the local convent. It is a silent retreat for women entitled "Touched by Grace." I have not been on a retreat since high school, and never a silent one, so I am very much looking forward to it.
I am reading... The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
I am hoping... that Little Flowers gets off to a great start. It has been a big project for me and I really am hoping that I have all my "ducks in a row."
I am hearing... Boyson sifting through his Lego bins working on his next project. Lil Guhl is whistling while she writes Thank You notes for her birthday gifts.
Around the house... not much to report inside except for chores; but outside we are winterizing: my husband took down the pool last week, and this week he took our air conditioners out of the windows. I emptied a couple of my flower pots; the ones that looked the ugliest anyways. I still have have a few more to do, but they seem to have some life left in them for another week or two.
One of my favorite things... Fall! Not only for the beautiful colors and cooler, cozy weather, but because we can stop taking care of the yard. Don't get me wrong; I love working in the yard and making things beautiful, but keeping everything mowed, weeded and watered is a lot of work and I am glad to stop in the fall!
A few plans for the rest of the week: Volunteer at St. Vincent de Paul, Veterinary Explorations class and piano lesson for Lil Guhl, Lego Robotics for Boyson and a weekend retreat for me!
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
The newest member of our extended family: Baby Ethan
For more daybooks, head on over to The Simple Woman

No comments:
Post a Comment