I came across this very interesting article today:
I thought it very timely as I was just having a conversation the other day about this very issue. Many people are surprised to learn that handwriting is getting only a smidgen of time in our schools these days, if any time at all. And most people blame it on the technology saying we don't need handwriting anymore.
I say "Yea for homeschooling!" - where I can continue to have my children doing handwriting clear into the 6th grade and beyond!
1 comment:
Oh, Angela...
Good post... and it reminds me that when I pulle my daughter out of school, she was dismal in spelling... and their answer was... spell-check on the computer. 3 years of homeschool drills later...she is considered at/above "grade level" in spelling... I am so glad I ignored them.
She was in a private, Catholic school for a year and they really emphasized handwriting... they also taught the faith... good combination.... Kim
Post a Comment