I am thinking... that I can't believe that Thanksgiving is just over a week away! Where has the time gone???
I am thankful... for a successful hunting trip for my husband's hunting group - they filled both of the tags they had. That means meat in the freezer this winter!
From the schoolroom... a light week this week. We have a couple of 'outside' activities things on the morning schedule this week, so I decided that instead of getting behind (translated: not crossing everything off the list) that I would just not schedule it this week. Besides - we've been going at it pretty strong since mid-August, so it's time for a bit of a break.
From the kitchen... leftovers tonight.
I am wearing... jeans, a burgundy t-shirt and a black Columbia fleece sweater.
I am creating... the crafts for our parish Advent Event. There's not a lot of prep work this year, but the laces don't tie very well for this craft that I chose, so I might have to come up with something different to tie these with.
I am going...to have to return most of the clothes I bought on Saturday. What I thought looked or felt good in the dressing room, didn't seem so much so at home. Hmmm. Buying clothes is so hard for me.
I am reading... Mara, Daughter of the Nile
One of my favorite things... hearing Lil Guhl practicing her piano.
I am hoping... that the kids can sell some (or all!) of these gourds at the Young Entrepreneur's Fair tomorrow. Otherwise they are going in our yard cart because they are taking up a lot of room in the garage right now.
I am hearing... Lil Guhl breaking into the candy jar, and Boyson turning pages in his reader.
A few plans for the rest of the week:
- The Young Entrepreneur's Fair at our local homeschooling community
- Veterinary Explorations Class and Piano for Lil Guhl
- Lego Robotics
- Helping to package baked goods for our parish bazaar
This is what I came up with for a craft for the 11-12 year-olds for our Little Flowers group. The embossed candle idea came from St. Nicholas Center, and the pipe cleaner poinsettias I got from here. (Although I used gold seed beads instead of wooden ones). The girls will each be making 4 of the poinsettias and fashioning them into a candle ring. This craft turned out far more beautiful than the picture illustrates. I hope they like it!
To read more daybooks and to participate, head over to Peggy's

3 comments:
I have trouble finding clothes to fit me right, too. Usually if I find something that fits, I'll buy one in every color!
The poinsettia candle rings are pretty!
Love the candle craft - that turned out great!
Oh, Angela! I love your craft! The pipe cleaner poinsettias are especially cute.
I agree with having meat in the freezer making hunting season great. But, is it Elk or Venison? I can do more with elk then I can venison. Maybe it's just my tastes.
Hope you're off to great week! :)
Post a Comment