Monday, November 1, 2010

My Daybook - November 1st

Outside my window... it is rainy and a bit windy - but a warm 60 degrees today.


I am thinking... about our lunch with friends on Saturday.  We are doing an "Eat Your Way Around the World" as part of our geography studies this year.  So we are taking turns hosting a lunch with food from a certain continent or country.  I have to get my shopping list done and get to the store.

I am thankful... that we will be continuing the rosary before Mass at our parish. We have been praying the rosary before Mass during the month of October, since October is The Month of the Holy Rosary, and it was announced at Mass yesterday that they will be continuing it.  I have been really liking going early to participate in this with our parish family, and was thinking about asking our priest if we could continue once a month or something like that.  Well, it appears that there were other people who were thinking the same thing as me, and now they are planning to continue!  Great news if you ask me!

From the schoolroom... Week 11!  The only significant thing to report is that we will now be giving this a try for Boyson for math:  ALEKS  This has become an area of overwhelming frustration for both of us, so we are setting all other math aside and are going to use this for now.  The best part:  it takes me 'out of the loop' so to speak, which I think will be really great for both of us.  I will let you know how it goes.

From the kitchen... my usual:  ????

I am wearing... jeans, and a blue Columbia fleece sweather.

I am creating...  e-mails to go out to our Little Flowers group for the meeting on Friday.  Also, instructions for the crafts.  We will be making portable icons.

I am going...to volunteer tonight with Lil Guhl at a children's outreach organization.  I think we are going to be sorting clothing.

I am reading... Mara, Daughter of the Nile to the kids, but nothing for me right now.

I am hoping...  to have time to get our Artist Trading Cards finished and in the mail by Friday!  I do not usually operate this close to the wire, but with the last couple of weeks having quite a bit on the calendar, I have had a hard time getting going on this.

I am hearing...Boyson wasting time in the other room (he should be doing his schoolwork, but he's singing).

One of my favorite things... that Halloween is over.  It's my least favorite 'holiday' as I am not into the whole dress up thing.  I just am not creative in that way, so it just seems like extra work and I could really just do with out it.

A few plans for the rest of the week: 
  • Volunteering at St. Vincent de Paul
  • Book Club
  • Veterinary Explorations Class and Piano for Lil Guhl
  • Husband leaving for hunting
  • Little Flowers
  • Lego Robotics
  • Eating your Way Around the World lunch with friends
  • My daughter's 20th birthday (although we already celebrated since husband will be gone
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


Lil Guhl helping to make granola.
 

For more daybooks, head on over to The Simple Woman

No comments: