Thursday, November 4, 2010

Our Artist Trading Cards

Lil Guhl and I finished our ATC's tonight for the swap
just in the nick of time - I have to put them in the mail tomorrow!  

Here's what we came up with:

I used a St. Nicholas stamp that I have to emboss these cards.  St. Nicholas is often pictured with three gold balls symbolizing the gold coins that he gave to the three daughters to save them from a life of slavery, so I included three gold sequins.  These pictures don't do these justice, really, (I really would like a better camera!)  because the embossing powder is glittery (it's called Red Tinsel).  Anyways, I think they turned out okay.

And then I had the idea to make a collage of saints using these stickers that I bought some time ago and never finished using.  I made three cards - one with men saints, one with women saints and one with both.  I put a layer of Mod-Podge over the top.  I am really pleased with how they turned out.

We are not drawers here, you see, so we have to resort to alternative means to create art!  Well, Lil Guhl is  a drawer, but she does not like to draw people.  Anyways, moving on:

Here's Lil Guhl's cards:
She used scrapbook paper, holy cards and sequins to create these beauties of St. Therese and St. Anthony.  

We have really enjoyed doing these cards and the possibilities really are endless.  I am even going to be incorporating an Artist Trading Card swap into our Little Flowers Girls' Club in February.  I will be sure to post pics of that when it happens.

Anyways, now I have to go clean up the huge mess we made on the dining room table and get these ready to go in the mail tomorrow!

1 comment:

Marci said...

angela...
these are great. and by the way ..... please email me at mkrull@q.com with your snail mail address. i had 4 comments left on my 100th post... so, i am sending all of the commenters a great giveaway prize. thanks for stopping by to read my post.
blessings
marci