Thursday, February 7, 2013

Mini Desserts for Book Club

I hosted my book club on Tuesday night.  I had thought that I would just purchase a pre-made cake or cupcakes or something to serve for dessert.  But when I was browsing around at Joann's the day before, I happened to come across this little book:

 
It sounded like such fun to make these little desserts!  
Each recipe makes twelve miniature desserts; what a perfect idea when hosting a larger group!

I also purchased a set of Mini Flare Dessert Glasses that included the cute little spoons.  I went to Goodwill and picked out an assortment of small cordial glasses so that I would have a variety of little glasses.
It was very hard to decide which recipes to make, but I chose Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfaits,  Lemon Cloud, and Berry Cream Parfait.   I did cut each recipe in half so that I would have 6 of each.




 It was fun to make a little display right on my coffee table!

They were all yummy, but hands downs, the winner was the Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfaits!
I hope everyone liked them as much as I did. I will definitely make these again for another get-together.

P.S.  The book we discussed was Tattoos on the Heart by Gregory Boyle.  It was an excellent book!

 

2 comments:

Daren said...

Looks great Martha!

admin said...

I forgot to comment earlier that...these mini desserts are so darn cute!! (And of course since they are mini, you can have more, right?) :o) Becky